Smart phones are nothing but a multi utility mobile phones. Apart from making calls you can also get additional features as it runs on a complete operating system like functionality. they are actually pda's(personal digital assisstance) with various functionalities like colour screens, audio capability, web browser, portable media player.It also allows to install additional mobile applications.
some of the smart phones that came initially were:
1 PSION ORGANISER 2 (1984)
- was 8 bit processer
- 9V battery, lasted for several months
- develop own applications(opl language)
2 IBM SIMON( in 1994)
- PIM, data communication
- first real smartphone
it had various features like -:
- QVGA display
- 5mpixel camera
- integrated gps
- usb, radio, tv out, etc
3 SYMBIAN OS
- mobile phone manufacturers such as 'sony ericsson. panasonic, seimens,nokia,samsung etc' are shareholders of it.
- mainly touchscreen interface(+ combinations)
- it is hte biggest selling operating system at present.